Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hi.

I'm starting this blog in hopes of actualizing random thoughts and ideas I have. Most of which are related to my profession. See, I am a Unix Sysadmin. I work at a pretty good company. I am happy in my position.

But there are always ways to improve the environment, technically and otherwise. While I love the technical aspects of my job, I also like to sit and ponder about how we can increase our productivity, improve the way we communicate with our customers (read: the rest of the company), etc.

I think many of us fail to place much value (or at least acknowledge it) in such aspects of our positions and groups. That's too bad, because I believe these are the primary causes of unhappiness in the workplace, especially in technical fields.

It's time that changed.

Speaking of time, I need to start getting ready for work!
blog comments powered by Disqus